Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A card headed down under...

I was recently contacted by the sweetest little lady in Australia. She wanted a super special card for her boyfriend. 

Listen to this love story, I'm so jealous my eyes are green.:

He is Dutch, they have been long distance for quite some time, they spent time in Paris, and soon he will be moving to Australia with her.

He loves travel so she loved the idea of a suitcase card and wanted to incorporate some of their story into the card. I was so excited I could barely stand it. I was also totally overwhelmed and slightly nervous, because something this cool was gonna be a feat to pull off. Luckily, my bestie reminded me that I did all my best work while under the gun. I have to say, I agree with her...

So for those of you playing along at home, this card is 8.25 inches by 11 inches. It was requested in an A4 size. After a few google searches and a metrics to inches converter, I think I'm close. However I did tell her she was on her own to find an envelope.. hahaha!


 My mother (featheredimpressions.blogspot.com) rescued me with her extensive arsenal of stamps. Her craft room is like stepping into the ultimate crafting store...



 We made a couple post cards for her to write some sentiments on...



 Of course if you love planes...


I think she like likes him, so I thought this little sticker I've stashes since 2005 would be perfect...


 And of course you always need a compass to get home...


I was really excited about the inside. I was channeling all the masculine energy I could. 




What a lucky guy to have a lady who loves him so much!

1 comment: