Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Ready to Pop, a Poppy themed Baby Shower

When I heard that one of my favorite blog ladies was (FINALLY!) pregnant I was secretly hoping she would ask me to do a party pack for her shower.

Months passed and I had finally resigned myself to the fact that she probably had another crafty woman in her life that was going to throw her a fabulous shower and that despite our over-the-interwebs friendship, I would have to sit back and watch it happen instead of becoming nearly-stalker-like and forcing my way in. So imagine my surprise and absolute excitement when crafting came up and she told me she'd been waiting for me to ask.

I don't think I could type the word "YES" fast enough.

I get insanely excited and enthralled with every party that I design, but this one... I could have crawled inside of it, died,  and gone to heaven. I think I was channeling Martha Stewart, because... well, I'm in love.

This was also a party of firsts. It's the first GIRL shower I've been involved in! It's also the first 100+ attendance party I've designed for. The pressure and excitement was on...


She had requested shabby chic mint and coral. I think I got pretty close despite the absolute void of those colors in the craft stores here this season. Every time I asked a sales associate where their mint and coral was they explained that despite the high demand, they were getting very little in. I definitely started to panic at one point. But, if I am good at any one thing... it is improvising.




Remember when I said that these fabric streamer curtains were my absolute favorite? Yeah... this one is my absolute favorite. Every girl needs some burlap and lace in their life...








I figured a couple more banners wouldn't hurt anyone. It's not super obvious in the photos but I managed to snag some glittery cardstock to back the letters in...



Every party needs a warm welcome...



I'd been scratching my head about a cake topper when I came across this AWESOME 3-dimentional birdcage die for my silhouette. This thing is AMAZING. And considering how complicated it looks, it wasn't that hard to assemble. It's nestled on a bed of petals and a square of pink and white stripe. Even if it doesn't make it to the top of the cake, I think it will be a shower stopper. (Visit www.etsy.com/shop/RivkasRenditions to see more of this chick's awesome designs. I seriously could break the bank at her shop, and her die cut designs are also available on the silhouette store). I'll be making an extra large version for myself...





I also figured that no super-feminine party would be complete without a few flowers  and extra special streamers for decoration...




Congratulations Kiki!

No comments:

Post a Comment